Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Meet The Krystal Man

     We have a column in our local paper called Soundoff.  Basically what happens is you call the local paper and leave a message, then they print it in the paper.  People call about all sorts of stuff, but one caller has become somewhat of a local celebrity, The Krystal Man.  Every week he calls in and talks about Krystals.  A few weeks ago I was talking to one of my close friends when the subject of food came up, specifically Krystals.  That's when he dropped the bombshell. 
     "Have you tried the barbeque Krystal yet" he asked? I admitted that I hadn't.  "You should really try them, they were my idea."  This caught me off guard, so I asked him what he meant.
     "I have been calling the paper and talking about Krystals" he said, "I called in a couple of weeks ago and said something about putting barbeque sauce on Krystals, and next thing you know they have barbeque Krystals."
     "You mean to tell me you are......"
     "Yep, I'm the Krystal Man.  I'm going to start calling in and talking about a cheese dipping sauce for Krystals.  I think they are listening to my ideas."
     Normally I would have blown this all off, but my friend is just crazy enough to be telling the truth.  He told me stuff that was going to be in the paper the next week, and was right.  My friend is on a crusade to get Krystals in Summerville.  It is a noble quest.
     It's an honor knowing that I have a close friend that is such a celebrity.  I have decided however to keep his identity a secret. You just don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment