Tuesday, August 9, 2011

30 Things That I Am Part Two

     This is the second part of my challenge to myself where I sat down and listed 30 things that I am.  I did all 30 in one sitting, but broke them up because I wanted to say a little about each of them. These 10 came a little harder than the first 10, as I had to start going beneath the surface a little bit.  If you think this sounds easy, try it.  I think you will be surprised at just how hard it is to come up with 30.

                                                                 I AM 


Steve Bartkowski, my favorite Falcon
11. A Falcons fan    I have always  loved the Atlanta Falcons, even when they weren't good. Steve Bartkowski was my favorite player.  I remember when I used to have to work on Sundays a friend of mine would call his wife and make her put their home phone by the television set so he could hear the games.  I had my own plan.  I told them I didn't like wearing earplugs, and got a set of ear muffs.  I ran my headphone cord up inside my shirt, turned my hat around backwards to hide the cord from my shirt to the earmuffs, and put the speakers inside them.  Nobody ever knew.


12. A Chattooga Indian   I am a proud graduate of Chattooga High School.  My kids go to Trion, which was our big rival, and I go to their games, but in my heart I will always be an Indian.  It's funny, I see more people that I went to school with at Trion games than I do at Chattooga games.

13. A Berry Viking  I am also a proud graduate of Berry College.  I had my choice of going to Berry, Jacksonville State, Troy, or West Georgia.  I chose Berry because of the beautiful campus.  I got to play in the Rome Symphony, and was president of the few fraternities on campus.

14. Right handed  I can't do anything left handed.

15. A Friend  I try to be a friend, and have several wonderful friends.

16. Self Conscious   I hate to look at myself, and often wonder how people view me.  This is my biggest flaw.  I am as far from vanity as one can possibly be.  Most times I wish I was invisible.  I hate the way I look, and I feel like people make fun of me.


17. Scared  I am scared about what kind of world my kids are going to be living in when they are my age.  I see how much the world has changed since I was their age, and it scares me.

18. Hopeful  I am hopeful that people can come to the realization that this world is a beautiful place, and can learn to live in harmony.

19. An Uncle  I have a SLEW of nieces and nephews, from age 17 years to newborn.  I love them all, and love that I can spoil them without the parental responsibilities. Before I had children of my own, being Uncle Barry was my biggest joy.  In a few months, two of my nieces are going to have children, so I will be a Great Uncle.  I told my wife I though I was already a great uncle. I got to hold my newest niece for the first time Sunday.  It was a blessing.  I cried, of course.

20. A Forklift Driver  I like driving my forklift.  It's going to work I am not fond of :-)

                                         Tomorrow, the final 10

No comments:

Post a Comment