Monday, July 18, 2011

My Addiction

Okay, time to come clean.  I have an addiction.  I have been trying to hide it, but it is becoming too much, and is about to overtake me.  It started innocently enough, just a little here and there, but now I am doing it at work, in Sunday School, during church..........  I am having cravings right now as I type.  At first, I would get my supply on Saturday afternoon, and it would last me a week, now I am stopping on my way to work and buying more.  Two or three in the car before going in, one when I start work.  Every break sees me going to my lunch box and sneaking some into my pocket to get me through to the next.  I am constantly having to empty my pockets so nobody finds the wrappers.  When I can't get to any, I get nervous.  The thought has crossed my mind to melt some down and just drink it, that would be so incredible.  I can visualize one right now, calling my name.  The family isn't home, time to go get my fix.   They say the first step is to admit you have a problem, so here goes,my name is Barry, and I'm addicted to Butterscotch candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment