Monday, July 11, 2011

The Bucket list

While we were in Florida I got to do something that I had wanted to do for a long time.  I am a big fan of the Travel Channel and Food Network, and always get a little jealous of the hosts as they get to travel around and eat authentic ethnic foods.  While on vacation, we went to a section of Tampa called Ybor City, and ate at Carmine's Restaurant.  Needless to say I was excited to be in a Cuban part of town, at an authentic Cuban restaurant, which served a real Cuban sandwich.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity, so I ordered the Cuban.  The sandwich was spectacular, which for me is no small thing since I love good food, but that isn't what this is about.  Eating that sandwich got me to thinking about what I would like to do in my life, that I have never gotten to do.  Travel and food are big on my list, since I like both.  I would love to travel to Philadelphia for some cheesesteak, Chicago for deep dish pizza, and New York for cheesecake and Brooklyn style pizza.  I want to see Niagara Falls, and the Grand Canyon.  I want to go to a baseball game in either Wrigley Field of Fenway Park, and want to see the Yankees play at least once.  I'm sure there are some other things I could think of, but these are the top of my list.  There is one thing I have scheduled already though, I promised my wife that if I live to see 50years old  I will get on an airplane, since I have never flown.  Maybe she will forget by then since that's not really something that I am looking forward to.  Whether or not I ever get to experience these things or not I don't know, but it gives me something to dream about, and dreams are always good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment