Friday, July 29, 2011

Life's Been Good To Me So Far

     I have to be honest, I have a great life.  I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination, and I work hard, but I can't find anything to complain about.
  
     To start off I have a great wife.  She does pampered Chef and catering besides being a lunch lady at the school.  Needless to say she is a great cook, and I have all kinds of toys to play with in the kitchen.  She does not like for me to wash clothes, or help in the kitchen, so most of the time I get to relax while she is doing the work. The best thing about my wife is she thinks I am wonderful.  That's a hard trait to find.   Her only fault is she likes the Florida Gators, but nobody is perfect.  What could be better.

     My oldest daughter is in the high school band, and plays soccer.  I get to go to all of the football games without feeling guilty, and sit and talk with my friends reliving our band glory days.  She is also a great student, which will help immensely when she graduates and wants to go to the University of Alabama.  She is a teenager though, which is taking some getting used to.  I forget she is home some times when she hibernates in her bedroom.

     My youngest daughter  is a mini me, which is fun.  She is emotional, and smart, a cheerleader, and a drama queen.  She keeps me grounded, reminding me daily to take time out of my schedule for her.  If we don't get our time together, if I forget to tell her I love her before I leave or when I come home, or anything else, she lets me know.   I look forward to our time together every evening, when we talk about what has happened during the day.  I know that soon she won't care for this one on one time, so I enjoy every second I can.

     My son is my little man.  He is the energizer bunny, he keeps going and going.  Nothing scares him, and his imagination is something to behold.  We are constantly having to go out and play "catch ball", or kick the football.  I just can't figure out why I can't beat this 6 year old at anything on the Wii any more.

     They say money doesn't buy happiness, and I know that is true.  I wouldn't trade what I have for anything in the world.  Maybe I am rich after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment