Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Padding My Resume

     I have two reunions coming up this year, my high school 25th and my college 20th.  A lot of people that I went to Chattooga High School and Berry College with have become a lot more successful than I have.  People at reunions like to compare lives, but I'm not worried.  I have a plan.



     I have decided to tell the truth, or at least the truth as I see it.  When I was in college I made money by playing music at weddings and restaurants, and filled in with the Rome Symphony occasionally.  When I got out of college I went to work in a denim mill making denim for blue jeans.  I was going to do this until I figured out what I wanted to do with my life.  I ended up staying there for close to 14 years.  I met my wife there, and made a lot of good friends. 

     I felt like I needed a change so I took a job selling cars for a year.  I probably would have done that longer, but the hours were terrible, and I felt like I was missing my kids growing up.  After that I went to work where I work now, at a plant making ranges for a company owned by G.E.  The hours and pay are good, and I get to be off every weekend.  I have led choirs at various churches through the years, and have made two cents from this blog.

     I am proud that I have worked hard, honest jobs in my life, so when asked I am going to be honest. I was a professional musician for a while.  After that I worked in the fashion industry.  Soon the fashion industry bored me so I dabbled in transportation.  I have done choral conducting, and I currently am working in a multinational corporation.  If that doesn't get them, I can always throw in that I am a professional author. 

     Some of this is stretching the truth, I know, but it sounds SO much better.  Hopefully nobody will challenge me too much, that would be embarrassing.  I think everybody will be impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment