Friday, July 22, 2011

Myron and the Miracle Baseball Pt2.

     We got up early the next day and headed off to Chattanooga.  We did not tell the kids what we had planned, which added to the fun for my wife and I.  When we got to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum we knew from the looks on our two youngest kids faces that we had struck gold.  Even our teenager was, reluctantly, having a good time.  We took pictures of the kids on the trains, got souvenirs, took in the experience.  We boarded a train car, and found that there was a Simulator on it.  Our son jumped right in, and was having a blast "driving" his train.  I turned to look at our youngest daughter, and she had the look.  I could tell she was getting upset, so I picked her up and put her on my lap beside him  I let her blow the horn, and ring the bell, but she wanted to drive.  By the time he had finished his turn there was a long line, so I told her she would have to do it the next time we came.  She was upset, but took it in stride.
     We got our tickets for the steam engine, which was the main event for our son.   This was a dream come true for him his first real train ride.  I could see the excitement building on our daughter's face the whole time though, because she knew that once we got through at the museum, it was time for her surprise.  We left the museum, and went to eat.
     By this time she is beside herself wanting to know what we were going to do.  I was eating it up.  I had worn my Lookouts hat all day, and kept telling her I was giving her hints.  I told her to "be on the lookout" and to "keep her eyes open."  She finally guessed that we were going to a Lookouts game, but I wouldn't tell her yes or no.
     I knew this was going to be just the thing she needed.  I didn't know that I was about to get what I needed also.

No comments:

Post a Comment