Monday, August 8, 2011

30 Things That I Am Part One

Number One, always
     I read one time about a test that is given where a person has to make a list of 30 things that they think they are.  I figured I would give it a try.  It can't be that hard, right?  Well, I did it, in one sitting, and it wasn't easy.  It really made me dig deep.  The first few went easy, after that, well, I learned a lot about myself.  I will be posting in three parts, to give me time and room to comment on each of them.

                                                               I AM



1. A Child of God.  This is the most important one to me, I am an heir, but also a lowly sinner saved by grace. I am NOTHING without Christ.

2. A Dad.  Notice I didn't say father, even though I am that also.  Any man can be a father, it takes a special  man to be a Dad.  My kids are my world, and I would lay down my life in a heartbeat for them.







3. A Husband. I love my wife, she is a great cook and thinks I am awesome.  I couldn't ask for a better life mate, best friend, whatever, than my beautiful lunch lady.

4. A Son.  I still have my mother, and miss my Dad every single day.  I wish I could go back and get the years that my Dad and I weren't on speaking terms back, but know I will have eternity in Heaven to make up for it.

5. A Musician  I was an all state tuba player in high school, played trombone in college, have a bachelor's degree in music, sing in the choir, etc.

6. An Introvert  I keep to myself.  A lot of people think I am not friendly, but that's not true.  It takes me a long time to open up to people, but when I get to know you, my true personality comes out.

7. A Crier    I cry, a LOT.  I cry when my kids do amazing things, I cry in church.  I cry when I am happy, but not so much when I am sad.  I cry when I think about crying.  My wife and I went to pick Rose up from band practice one night, and when I saw her on the practice field marching with the high school band for the first time I cried.

8. Empathetic  I hate to see others suffering, and a lot of times can actually feel their sadness and pain.

9. Middle aged. I am 43 years old, enough said.  I started to say middle aged and crazy, but I figured that
  was a given.

10. A Braves Fan    I love the Atlanta Braves, and the Rome Braves.  The Myron Noodleman game was a game between the Chattanooga Lookouts and the Mississippi Braves. The funny thing is, I have not been to an Atlanta Braves game since they moved into Turner Field.  I used to love to go to Fulton County Stadium.  I do love going to see the Rome Braves though, and come out a lot cheaper there with three kids.

                                                            Tomorrow Number's 11-20.

No comments:

Post a Comment