Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Insomnia and Eternal Things

    Once again I can't sleep.  Too many things going on in my mind, and the weight of the world on my shoulders.  I wonder some times if I am the only one that gets this way.  Do others have as much trouble finding the elusive rest?  I find myself like this often.
     So many things on my mind right now.  There are life's everyday problems, like how to pay bills, how to be in two or three places at once.  Then there are concerns for others.  It amazes me when I go to church the number of prayer requests that are given.  So many people today are fighting cancer or other diseases, dealing with broken families, struggling to make ends meet, and so many others problems.  Is there any doubt that time has to be coming to a close soon?
     That is the biggest thing keeping me awake nights these days.  When I think of what the Bible says about the end times it scares me, not for myself, because I know where I stand, but for others.  I am NOT a bold person when it comes to talking about my faith most times, but find it almost impossible to stay quiet about it now.  Time is too short. I look forward to the day that Jesus comes to take God's children home, but also dread the day because of those who will be left behind. 
     On the bright side, it is only a little more than an hour until the alarm goes off and my family will awaken from their slumber.  At least then I will have company.

No comments:

Post a Comment