Friday, December 2, 2011

To Be(ard) Or Not To Be(ard)

     I have a big decision to make in the next couple of days.  I have on the past few weeks neglected to fully shave, and now have an almost acceptable beard.  I have trimmed every day, but just haven't felt like fully shaving.  Now I have to make the tough decision, to keep the beard, or to shave back o my normal goatee.
     I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but it involves a lot more than meets the eye.  Whatever I decide to do, I have to take into consideration the "coloring" factor.  Yes, I color my beard.  I don't think that is any big secret, as I let it go several weeks between colorings, and I'm sure most people notice when the salt and pepper turns into total pepper.  Coloring a goatee is easy, and I have gotten quite good at it.  I never have mastered the total beard though.
Hollywood Hogan
     One time before I decided to grow my beard out, and went to color it.  What happened was brutal.  If you ever watched wrestling, and remember "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan you understand.  What I ended up with was a dye job that looked like I was trying to look like a doofus.  I don't dye beards good.  That time I didn't have enough hair on the beard to hold the dye correctly, so basically what I did was dyed my face black.  I shaved the beard, then scrubbed my face for two days.
     I would love to keep the beard, for nothing else but to help keep my face warm.  I don't do cold well, and facial hair helps.  I have to do the dye if I do though, as it is too close to Christmas and I just can't stand the thought of kids running up to me thinking I am Santa Claus with a white beard.  When I was a kid, I used to play Santa during the holidays to make spending money.  That was cool, I had padding and a fake beard.  I don't think my fragile psyche could handle it if I was mistaken for Santa without the fake beard and padding.
     I always go the safe route, and this time will probably not be any different.  I will more than likely shave the beard, keep the goatee, and dye away.   If however I happen to go crazy and try to keep the beard, and dye my face, don't laugh too hard.  And if by some chance I decide to keep the beard and not dye, please don't ask me how Rudolph is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment