Friday, December 9, 2011

So Random

     I am borrowing the title for today's blog from a television show my kids watch.  I tried watching it with them one time.  I made it through Dora, TeleTubbies, and even Barney, but could not take 30 minutes of So Random.  I did not find anything wrong with it, as far as letting my kids watch it, but it just wasn't funny, or interesting, to me.
    This blog is being written at 9:40 pm Thursday night.  I normally have this written and am in bed by now, but play practice, and then kids baths took care of that.  Before you ask, I am not acting in the play.  I am singing in the choir.  I love singing, even though I am not the best at it.  Notice I didn't say I wasn't any good?  I have a bad habit of writing on the blog about things I am not good at.  I am a good singer, just not an awesome singer.  I sing bass.  Bass singers are to music what offensive linemen are to football, they never get noticed except when they mess up.  I have gotten to where I can hit a low C fairly well, which is pretty low.
     I also have to admit that I have finally realized that I have a special gift.  I had it back when my kids were little, but never realized it.  It was only recently, while I was spending time with my newest niece that I re-discovered this gift.  I have the unique ability to make babies go to sleep.  Every time I hold my niece, without fail she will go straight to sleep.  I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that every time I have held her so far she was taking a bottle, and a full baby wants to sleep.  I have a theory about why it is so easy for her to sleep while I am holding her, other than the bottle thing.  Not only does she have her belly full, but her Uncle is also warm and soft.
     My wife has told me that I am a human electric blanket.  For some reason, I am just naturally warm.  I also, much to my chagrin, am soft.  This has a lot to do with my affinity for butterscotch, peanut butter and corn chip sandwiches, and a wife that is a lunch lady.  In 2010 I actually lost over 60 pounds.  Unfortunately in 2011, I must have been on a scavenger hunt and recovered a lot of them back.  I am going to recommit myself in 2012 to lose those pounds for about the 10th time in my life.  I am going to do it, and keep to it this time.  I mean it.  Really.
     Finally, something hit me tonight.  I didn't realize until tonight there was a short angel in the Bible.  He is found in Luke 2:9.  The verse reads And, Lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.   Get it, Lo, Low?  As you can tell, time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment