Monday, December 5, 2011

1000

Mi Familia
     This blog entry will probably bring me my 1000th view.  It is flattering to know that 1000 times someone has been intrigued enough to come and read what I have written.  This entry is just going to catch people up on what all has gone on lately.
     First of all, I made the finals of the Reader's Digest short story contest.  I have had several people ask me about it, and am flattered.  The winner is supposed to be announced some time around the first of the year.  I'm not holding my breath about winning the $25,000, or even $2,500, but it sure would be nice.
     Rose is now finished with her first year marching.  All she has left is the Christmas Parade.  The band did awesome this year, all superior ratings, and placing high in each contest they entered.  Rose really enjoyed this year, like I said before, she has found her "thing".  I have to admit, I took a lot of pride in watching her on the field marching.  She came a long way from the beginning of the year.  I noticed a tremendous improvement in her marching, and playing.
     Lauren's soccer team did not have the best year, but she got to play forward and goalie, which she never got to do before.  She didn't score any goals, but came close a couple of times.  The funniest thing was during one game, she had a breakaway and was running down the field with the ball.  I of course screamed at her. "GO LAUREN!!!!"  When I did that she turns and looks at me, losing the ball in the process.  We did however get to go on a few road trips, just the two of us, and spend some quality time together.
     Matthew's football season was interesting.  The team pretty much broke even with their record, and made it to the semi finals in the tournament.  Unfortunately they got matched against the best team in the league, who had not given up a single point all season.  The Bulldogs did score one touchdown, which was the only points that got scored on the Indians this year.  Unfortunately, the Indians scored 8 touchdowns, so Matthews season came to a close.  I noticed a great deal of improvement from him also in his first year.  I give credit to his coaches, who took the time to teach him, be patient with him, and truly seemed to care about him.  Towards the end of the year, some of the coaches would even spend time with him and several other after practice, working with them on basics one on one.
    As for me, I am still addicted to butterscotch, still cry when I am happy, and have not crossed anything of my bucket list. My wife, the lunch lady, is still cooking great food and keeping me well fed.   Lastly, I do appreciate each and every one that comes up to me and tells me that you read my blog......even if you do call me Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment