Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking Forward

        Soon a New Year will be upon us, and I will, like many others, use this time to reflect on the things of the past, and look forward to the future.  This past year has not been one of my best, I must admit.  Health, finances, personal development, none of these areas have been anywhere close to stellar this year.  In 2011 I gained back most of the weight that I worked so hard to lose in 2010.  Financially, I, like many others, would rather forget this past year.  Looking back I am farther behind now than I was when the year started, and losing ground.  I can also say that I feel like personally I stood still this year.  A few years ago I went back to school, but had to give it up because I did not have enough money to go, but made too much to qualify for most financial aid.  I was also working two jobs at the time, and trying to help raise three children.  I should have toughed it out.
      Last July I set a goal for myself that I would be out of my job by July of 2012.  I thought with a year of working towards this goal I could accomplish this.  I am 6 months in now, and actually farther away now than when I started.  I did apply for a job out of state, with the intentions of moving when and if I got the job.  Things looked promising for a few weeks, but then fell through.  I have resigned myself now to the fact that, barring some sort of divine intervention, I am where I am going to be for a while.  I am not complaining, because I am thankful that I have a job in these tough economic times, but do wish I could do better.  There is something disheartening about not being able to take your family on vacations and things like that.  Like I said, I am not complaining, we have a roof over our heads, and food on our table.  Anything else is just icing on the cake anyway.
     My goals for 2012 are simple.  I am going to get serious about my health again, and get rid of the excess weight I am carrying once again.  I have lost the same 50-60 pounds 5 or 6 times already.  I am also going to do my best to get back to spending time in God's word every day.  For a while I did that, and it did me good.  I got a new Bible for Christmas, and I plan on using it.  Everything else will just have to fall into place. 
     As for the blog, once again I plan on being more active.  The stories I do will be different, because of my desire to protect the privacy of my family.  I am not quite sure what direction I want to go with the blog now, but I hope that whatever direction I go that people will enjoy it.  I have considered going strictly humor, sports from a Christian perspective, or just continuing to write whatever is on my mind.  I haven't decided yet.
     I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and wish you a Happy New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment