Monday, March 12, 2012

Losing Face

     I promised to keep everyone updated on my weight loss journey, good or bad.  Last week I started off with the bad, really bad.  My beginning weight, sad to say, was 310 pounds.  The way our biggest loser competition is supposed to work, we weigh in every two weeks, which would make my next weigh in Friday.
     I told myself I was going to change my eating habits, and start exercising.  I was not, or so I told myself, going to obsess over my weight.  I was going to weigh in once every two weeks and that was it.  That's what I told myself anyway.
     As for the changes, I am writing this on Saturday night, and I can honestly say that I have not had any bread since Sunday, have eaten a farm full of grilled chicken and turkey, and probably a full garden of salad.  Heck, I even ate a good bit of celery.  I actually feel pretty good right now.  That hasn't been the case all week, as to be honest Wednesday and Thursday I felt awful, enough that I seriously thought about quitting again.  Thankfully I got over that hump.
     I am convinced that somewhere there is a dry lake from all of the water I have drank, and I even drank 4 cups of black coffee this morning.  I did not have my first diet coke until noon, which is some kind of record.  I have carried a bottle of water around with me all day today instead of my normal diet coke.  I am kind of proud of that.  Today I jumped a big hurdle.  I have kids, and one of the things that is almost unavoidable with kids is McDonald's.  My wife had a business meeting today, and it was convenient for her and the person she was meeting to get together there.  We took the kids and off we went.  I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't want my normal two double cheeseburgers and large fries, but that is not what I ate.  I actually got a grilled chicken salad, and enjoyed it.  Tonight I gave in just a little and had two grilled chicken wraps. The tortillas were honestly the first food of that type I have had all week.  I think I deserved it.
     Tomorrow is going to be another challenge, as I truly liked having my biscuits and gravy on Sunday morning, along with my cinnamon rolls.  I also like going out to eat after church, stuffing myself, than going home and taking a nap.  I will make it though, somehow.
     Now on to the main event of the story.  I was getting a little worried Thursday night, as I honestly felt like I had gained weight during the week.  I knew that my face looked a little thinner, but my clothes actually felt tighter.  I got to work Friday, and made it until about 10:30.  I couldn't stand it any longer.  I went to the scales, and jumped on.  The scale said 305 pounds.  I had lost 5 pounds.  That's a good start.
     I am really hoping that by Friday I am below 300 pounds for the final time in my life.  I never, ever, want to be that big again.  If I don't make it, I will be disappointed, but I will get it the next go around.  I'm in this for the long haul this time, and their ain't no going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment