Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Being Famous

     I have come to a conclusion that I would not want to be famous.  Last week the Summerville News ran a story on me and my daughter.  The article was about a story I had submitted to Readers Digest for a contest which was being considered for publication.  I didn't give it much thought.  I figured a couple of people would make jokes about it, and that would be it.  Boy was I wrong.
     It has been amazing how many people have come up to me and told me they read the article.  Most of them use the same line, "can I have your autograph?"  Of course they are joking.  It is flattering, and I am humbled that they would take the time to congratulate me.  The problem is, I am a humble person to begin with, so the attention makes me uncomfortable.
      The story was about the Miracle Baseball, which I have wrote about here.  The problem was that the contest was for 150 words or less.  It took me 4 days to tell the entire story on the blog.  When people come up to congratulate me, they are finding themselves trapped for five or so minutes while I tell them the entire story.  Most of them have the same reaction, that it could only have been an act of God.  That is why I put the story out in the first place, for God to get the glory.
     If it takes me having to get a few pats on the back to share that testimony, then I guess it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment