Thursday, January 12, 2012

This One Goes Out To A One Eyed Dove

     Where I work we have a game we like to play with each other to help the days go faster.  What we do is go up to someone like we have something very important to share.  When we have their full attention, we start singing a song in the hopes of the song getting stuck in their head.  I did this to a friend the other day, singing the REM song, The One I Love.  My friend responded that when he first heard the song, he thought the words were, "this one goes out to the one eyed dove."  We both won that round, he had the song in his head, and I had those words stuck in mine.  In honor of that, here are some misunderstood lyrics that I have found, for your enjoyment.

     I'm in love, I'm all shook up / I'm in love, a Marsha cup
     There's a bad moon on the rise / There's a bathroom on the right 
     I bless the rains down in Africa / I get my brains down in Africa
     Excuse me while I kiss the sky / Excuse me while I kiss this guy / Excuse me while I kiss this fly
     Pour some sugar on me / Bird song chulagon me (I have no idea what a chulagon is)
     Now I've had the time of my life / Now I've had a time with your wife
     Some day the mountain might get em / Some day the mountain lion get em
     Kin folk said Jed move away from here / Ken Ford said Jed move away from here
     It's an Eminence front / It's an M&M's lunch
     She's got a ticket to ride / She's got a chicken to hide
     The answer my friend is blowing in the wind / The ants are my friend, they're blowing in the wind
     Feel the beat from the tambourine / Feel the heat from the tangerine
     No one knows what it's like to be the bad man / No one knows what it's like to be Batman

     
    
    
    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment