Friday, January 13, 2012

My Prayer For The Day

     Dear Lord,
     Today, when I feel the need to complain, please remind me:

When I complain about not having what I want to eat, remind me of those who have nothing to eat at all:
When I complain about my clothes not being new, remind me of those who have no warm clothes at all:
When I complain about my roof leaking, or my power bill, remind me of those who have no place to call home :
When I try to put off reading my Bible to watch television, or some other distraction, remind me of those who are at risk of death for even having a Bible :
When I complain because of some ache or pain, remind me of those who are facing sickness:
When I complain because someone doesn't like me because I mention you, remind me of those who will die today for your sake:
When I complain about having to go to work, remind me of those who have no job:
When I complain about  being tired, remind me of those who can get no rest:
When I complain about anything at all, remind me of the example of Jesus:

I hope today that you will take the time to think about those who are less fortunate than we are.  Pray for those who will die today for the cause of Christ, for those who are hungry, cold, and alone.  Take one day, and instead of praying for what we WANT, pray for what others NEED.  Take time to pray not for ourselves, but for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment