Monday, April 30, 2012

25 Down

     Another two weeks have gone by, which means another weigh in.  This time I knew I had struggled, not with what I was eating, but with just plain losing weight.  My body, it would seem, has adjusted to eating the foods that I am eating now.  That does not make me very happy.  Anyway, to the weigh in.
     Like I said, I knew that any weight loss would be minimal again this time.  I stepped on the scale, and the numbers 285 popped up.  I have now lost 25 pounds.  I still have quite a ways to go.  I am going to admit to something now that I have done this past weekend.  This weekend I ate normal food.  I ate biscuits and gravy, pizza, fried chicken, and even a few sweets.  I should feel guilty, but I had a good reason, I did it for the diet.
     I have lost a lot of weight before eating the way I am eating, but one thing I have noticed is that my body adjusts, and the weight loss stops.  Therefore, every so often I have to take a couple of days and basically load up on carbohydrates, so that I can "shock" my body back into weight loss.  It is a sacrifice that I really hated to make (wink).
     Now that it is Monday, I am back to going without bread, without sugar, without flour, and with a ton of chicken and salad.  Hopefully I can get back to some good results again in the next two weeks.  25 pounds sounds like a lot, but is just a drop in the bucket with what  need to lose.  It's going to be a long road, but at least I have gotten a good start down it.

No comments:

Post a Comment