Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nap Time, NOT!!!

      I thought I was going to get a chance to grab a quick nap Wednesday afternoon.  My wife had a rare day when she didn't have to work her second job, and had picked up the kids and went to visit her Mother.  I had a few hours at home, by myself.  I looked forward to grabbing a few minutes sleep to try to make up for the sleep I have been losing this week.
     I came home, showered, put on my pajamas, then climbed into bed.  I was exhausted, to say the least.  I had just about drifted off, when the phone rang.  It was my Mother.  She called to let me know that some man with a strange accent and a Miami Florida number had called asking for me.  After she told him I didn't live there, he hung up.  She had to call and let me know.  I have no idea why a man with an accent would be calling me from Miami Florida.  I thought about it for a few minutes trying to figure it out, then decided that it wasn't as important as sleep.
     I had just about caught up with Mr. Sandman again, when I heard a knock at the door.  It was my Mom again, letting me know that she was going to the store, and bringing me the mail.  I thanked her, then stumbled back to bed and laid down again.  I was bound and determined to get those few elusive moments of sleep.
     I was really close again, when I heard another knock on the door.  I rolled back over and tried to ignore it, but the knock came again.  I got up and went to the door to find the girl from down the street wanting to know if Lauren could come out to play.  I told her Lauren wasn't home.  She looked at the bleary eyed stranger and turned to go home.
     Before I could get the door shut, my cell phone started ringing.  It was a friend of mine wanting to know if I had another friends number.  I told him I didn't.  He needed some air conditioning work done and was wondering if our friend could do it.  I gave him the name of the guy that does our heating and air work.  He apologized for waking me, and I told him not to worry about it, I had never been asleep to begin with.
     I should go back, get in the bed, and try again, but as sure as I do the guy from Miami will find my number.

No comments:

Post a Comment