Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dream A Little Dream Part 2

     We met some friends at Steak and Shake, and it was time to treat the kids again.  After they decided what they wanted to eat, I let them order a milkshake to go with their food.  This was something else that I hardly ever  get to do, so it was a good surprise, and a fun treat.  We ate and then took the short drive to the ball field for the game.
     I had planned on sitting in the box seats, the cheap seats if you will.  When we got to the stadium I was concerned, as we found out it was Rec night, and there were recreation teams everywhere.  I started wondering if we would be able to get 5 tickets together for us and our friends, or even 5 tickets at all.  My fears were not helped when I got to the ticket window and asked for 5 box seat tickets, and was told the box seats were sold out.  I asked if there were any 5 seats together anywhere, and was told to hold on.  Turns out there were some filed lever seats, so I paid the extra money for the better seats, and went in.
    When we got inside we found our seats only 4 rows behind the visitors dugout.  The kids were extremely happy, and even more so when I told them right before the game started I would take them to the concession stand and let them get snacks.  After getting nachos, popcorn, and drinks, I also let them get a bag of cotton candy to share, which pretty much left me tapped out finally.  It was fun, and well worth it.  I was happy that I finally got to spoil the kids for a change.
     That night I went to sleep satisfied.  My wife and daughter were on their way home, and me and the younger two had a great weekend together.  That night I did something I hardly ever do, and had a good dream that I remembered.  I dreamed that I had finally caught a break, and had become successful.  I remember thinking during the dream that those kinds of weekends were going to be the norm, instead of the exception.  Sunday morning I woke up to reality though.  It was fun while it lasted.  Maybe the dream can get my fire going again to try to do something.  Maybe the creative juices will start flowing again.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment